Sunday 13 November 2016

Katy Perry Donates $10,000 to Planned Parenthood: ‘Time to Turn Words Into Action’

Katy Perry
Putting her money where her mouth is. Katy Perry donated $10,000 to Planned Parenthood on Friday, November 11, telling fans that it's "time to turn words into action" and encouraging them to take a stand too.

“I am making a public donation to Planned Parenthood for the teenage me who made several visits to first a clinic in Santa Barbara and then Los Angeles, CA to educate myself on my sexual health, a subject I had little to no information on because of my sheltered upbringing,” she captioned an Instagram post. “I had no idea how things worked down there, and had no idea how to make a plan for them.”
The avid Hillary Clinton supporter, 32, added that without Planned Parenthood, she would not have been able to spend her energy on her career or her dreams, because “without this education, I may have had a different life path.”
Many Americans fear that organizations like Planned Parenthood may be hit financially should a more conservative government choose not to fund them or the services that they provide.
“I know what it’s like to need help,” the “Firework” singer continued. “I came from a lower- to middle-class family and never grew up with the option of health insurance. I remember having 13 cavities as a teenager, and the best option my parents could come up with was to try and take me to Mexico because we couldn’t afford anything in California.”

Perry has been a vocal supporter of Clinton, 69, throughout her presidential campaign, often performing at rallies for the Democratic presidential nominee and posting messages to her social media channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment